Improving your credit score may be easier than you think. With the help of a few tricks of the trade and credit repair services, negative items on your credit reports can be removed. You may need a good credit score to borrow money for personal reasons like obtaining a credit card, renting an apartment, or get a car loan.
If you’re a business owner or looking to start your own company, purchasing inventory, leasing an office or workspace will require a good credit score as well.
Plus, improving your credit score can qualify you for lower interest rates.
So, what’s the problem? If for any reason your credit score is lower than you would like, it’s time to get to work.
Credit repair fixes poor credit, don’t let bad credit hurt your wallet anymore.
Whether you’re a do it yourself kind of person, or are seeking help from a credit repair specialist, start repairing your credit today by following these top credit repair secrets below:
15 Credit Repair Secrets
- Review copies of your latest credit reports – The first step in getting back on the right financial path is checking what needs to be repaired. Your credit report will show all the negative items affecting your credit score. For a free copy of your credit report, go to AnnualCreditReport.com.
- Read over your credit report carefully – Once you obtain your reports, look out for any errors. While they may seem long and a lot to digest, reading over them thoroughly is crucial. If you feel overwhelmed, take a few days to read over all the reports if you need to.
- Know what needs to be repaired – Keep an eye out for the following info you’ll need to correct.
– Incorrect information
– Past due accounts
– Maxed out accounts
- Dispute errors online – Did you find a mistake on your credit report? The days where you had to write letters to the credit bureaus to dispute an error are long gone. Today, credit repair services, like Credit Karma, allow users to dispute any inaccuracies online from the comfort of their own home.
- Dispute late payments – We’re all human, and sometimes mistakes happen. Maybe your mortgage lender reported a late payment that was actually paid on time, or your credit card provided didn’t enter a fee correctly.
- Increase credit limits – Don’t max out your credit cards. One way to improve your ratio is by increasing your credit limit. For example, if you owe $2,000 on a credit card with a $5,000 limit, and you increase the limit to $8,000, your ratio improves instantly.
- Get a new credit card – The goal of obtaining a new credit card is to gain access to more cash, but to improve your credit score. Try going to your bank where you already are an account holder and see if they have options for a credit card with no annual fee.
- Chose a credit repair specialist – Finding the best credit repair services may take some effort, but they are usually very worthwhile in the end. Going with a credit report dispute attorney, maybe your best bet. A credit repair attorney is the only way to guarantee legal, ethical, and practical credit repair services.
- Know the difference between a credit specialist vs. a credit repair company – Credit repair companies promise a lot; they offer to fix your credit within weeks while tempting their clients with appealing loans. While this all sounds great, the unfortunate truth is that a lot of these companies use dishonest tactics to ensure these speedy results. A credit repair services lawyer, on the other hand, is qualified to practice law and will have more hands-on experience dealing with the ins and outs of law that concerns the credit report area. Credit repair lawyers are dedicated to providing clients with real credit repair counseling while helping to rebuild the lives of so many people who were burdened by poor credit.
- Educate yourself on your credit score – Setbacks happen, what’s most important is that we learn from our mistakes. Be aware of what has hurt your credit score in the past to prevent damaging your score in the future.
- Don’t let setbacks discourage you – During the credit repair process, your credit score may have an expected decline. While it may be no fault of your own, continue to add positive information to your credit report, and over time, your credit score will improve.
- Chose a credit card “buddy” – Does your spouse have a credit card with a great payment history? If they agree to add you as an authorized user, from a credit score point of view, you can ride on their credit coattails. You will benefit from his/her card’s available credit and payment history.
- Get rid of your newest cards first – If you are looking to get rid of one of your credit cards, go with the newest one. The amount of time you’ve had a specific card has an impact on your credit score. So, if you have a credit card for several years, closing that account before a newer one can negatively impact your score.
- Don’t wait to repair your credit – Too many of us only think about improving our credit when it matters. Start repairing your credit before you need it. Doing so may save you some severe headaches and hassles down the line.
- Pay every bill on time – The last but most certainly not least credit repair secret is pay everything on time! While the best credit repair services can help you get back on track, it’s up to you to continue. Even one late payment can hurt your score, do all you can to ensure you pay your bills on time.
Find the Best Credit Repair Services Today
If you still feel you need assistance finding the best credit repair services to help with your situation, out credit dispute attorney is a great place to start.
Contact us at (314) 260-6616 today for a free consultation!
Our credit repair services can help you figure out if you have a case and get you back on the right financial track.