Have you been denied employment, housing, insurance or a banking account because of a background check? Employers, landlords, banks and insurance companies use a credit reporting agency to determine if you are eligible for these items. These background checks can contain false or inaccurate or disputed information. If adverse action is taken against you because of these credit reports then you may have a case.
* Another person’s background information.
* False or incorrect information.
* Misdemeanors listed as a felony.
* Misstating nature of the court proceedings.
* Convictions that have been expunged or vacated.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act provides victims of false background checks and misuse of these reports with a way to recover certain damages. If you have been a victim of an inaccurate background check we can help. Call us now for help.